Everglades Fun : Top 10 things to do
There are a few places in the world that can compare to the scenery and the diverse ecosystem found in that Florida’s famed Everglades National Park. Tourists who are planning to visit this natural wonder should not miss out on doing some of these 10 things.
- Hike the Long Pine Trail (14 miles) – Travelers should try to hike this trail, which is six miles south of the main entrance to the Everglades.
- Canoe the Nine-Mile Pond – Trail – This four-hour canoe ride takes tourists into a magnificent small freshwater lake.
- Hike the Coastal Prairie – Trail (14 miles) – Hikers should also try hiking in this outback trail that begins at the back of the Flamingo campground.
- Tram Tour of Shark Valley – This is a seven-mile paved trail that was once built by oil drillers. It now serves as a pathway to the center of the Everglades.
- Visit the “Pa-Ha-Okee Overlook” – Travelers should also visit this short boardwalk trail on the way to the Flamingo campground.
- Canoe the Ten Thousand Islands – Vacationers should spend a full day in canoeing at the western portion of the park.
- Hike the Anhinga and Gumbo Limbo Trails – These popular trails are situated few minutes from the main entrance.
- Visit the Eco Pond Trail at Flamingo – This famous mile hike is located around a pond that is within the Flamingo campgrounds.
- Take a Boat Tour at Flamingo – This tour can bring such wonders of the park to the lives of the tourists.
- Attend a Ranger Evening Program – Vacationers should attend this evening event in order to know more about this nature-filled sanctuary.